home > faq
1. What does the tour price include?
Feel free to find all the inclusions under your package/cruise/tour fee are written under the "What's Included" section of each tour page online. Generally, on vacation packages, Englobia covers:
- Top-quality accommodation corresponding to the category you choose from
- Premium transportation.
- All breakfasts
- Services of expert Travel directors and local guides
- Airport transfers
Please check each inclusion online.
2. What is not included?
The section of "What is not included" on each tour page online. Generally, our tours do not include:
- Any flights not stated in the itinerary
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Optional Experiences
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Visa fees
- Tourist city tax
- Personal expenses & gratuities
- Other services not stated in the itinerary
3. What are the Optional Activities?
Third parties provide optional activities and are not part of the itinerary or tour price (unless differently stated in "what's included" session). They are mostly suggested to you as popular attractions at your destination. They are primarily available for you to book upon the customization of your vacation package.
4. How am I protected when booking a tour with Englobia?
We are an officially licensed Tour Agency by the Greek Ministry of Tourism (EOT) and also Members of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce under the register Englobia Travel.
We are required to offer and sustain a high standard of service to you by EOT's Code of Conduct.
We also show our customer-oriented values to our policies, supporting all our guests to our highest ability in case of changes. Our website is secured via 128-bit encryption since safeguarding your vacation is vital to us.
5. Are International & Transatlantic flights included?
Transatlantic and International flights to and from the destination your trip starts and ends are omitted and must be purchased separately. However, there are plenty of online options to shop around for the best quote.
We always recommend that the flights should be better purchased directly online through your trusted airline in advance to benefit from the best prices!
Any flights you take during your Englobia trip are listed under the 'What's included' section of your tour page.
6. Is there a required number of travelers for any vacation package to begin?
No, there is not! Any trip and tour you see on our website have our "Guaranteed Departure" mark. Englobia offers services at package prices without requiring a minimum number of participants.
7. Do the flights in vacation packages include checked-in luggage?
Yes, they do. When booking with Englobia, there is no need to bother as we always book flights with checked-in luggage. Weight allowance depends on the airline. Regularly, international flights allow up to 23 Kgs and domestic ones between 15 and 20 Kgs in economy class. Check out the included section of each tour for more details.
8. How can I pay for my trips and tours?
When booking on our online platform, you will be taken into two steps. After dealing with the customization of your services and "Special Requests," if any;
you should enter your personal or traveler information. In the last one, our system will require you:
1. Your preferred payment method, between either bank transfer (to our account in Greece) or by credit card.
2. In case of choosing to pay with a credit card, our platform may offer a minimum and a maximum number of possible installments depending on your travel date and an option to split the payment of the total amount in more than one card.
3. You can complete your payment with Visa, Mastercard, or Maestro without interest. Payments with American Express, Diners, and Discover bear 3% interest.
Each payment method is fulfilled at the highest security standards.
9. How the financing works, and what does it consist of?
Englobia makes it easier than ever to pay for your vacation! It's totally up to you – you can pay in full or, depending on when your scheduled arrival is, then spread the amount as and when you like or in monthly chunks.
Feel free to pay for your desired trip in interest-free installments and more than one card! Englobia finances your trip, so you do not have to rely on your bank or your credit card.
This way you avail of avoiding interest through your monthly payments, and also of the fact that you should not necessarily have the total amount to be paid at once. The monthly card spending limit (imposed by your card or bank) is subjected to the amount you pay in your first installment and not to the total.
Financing is automatically given through our system and depends on the number of months in advance of the date you book your trip. The only requirement is to complete all payments at least 15 days before your arrival. Our system can provide installments for 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, and 12.
The total amount of your reservation is divided by the full installments and is automatically debited from the same card indicated every 30 calendar days. With zero payment fees, this hassle-free service enables you to spread out the cost of your holiday.
In case of an unsuccessful transaction, we will inform you of the fact and give you a certain number of hours to contact your bank and card. If there is any other issue with the transaction, then another email is sent with the steps required to resume the payment.
10. Can we pay with more than one card?
Englobia is among the only platforms, if not the only one, giving you the option to pay with more than one card directly online while completing the booking process!
While making the booking, opt on how many cards you wish to divide the amount on the premise your company wants to pay separately. Then choose to pay at once or in zero-interest installments if you make the reservation some time in advance.
11. What is the best price guarantee?
Engobia guarantees the best prices on all its services and the respective best services you can ever find! Just pick your desired vacation package with the confidence that you will get the best price. In case you find a better price, feel free to contact us by email and make sure to send us the link so we can check it out. Just bear in mind that in most cases, the price difference rests in the services included, for instance, the entry fees to archeological sites, food, transport, tours included, etc.
12. Information on ferry tickets included in your vacation packages visiting the Greek islands?
We include the regular ferries in all our packages with numbered seats for every passenger, except the part between Mykonos - Santorini, which is always "fast" or "express" ferry. In most cases, we allow you to opt for a faster ferry or even airplane when available directly on Package Configuration.
Slow ferries timetable (approximately):
- Ferry from Athens to Mykonos: 07:25 hrs. - 12:10 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Paros: 11:10 - 12:30 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Athens: 14:15 hrs - 19:45 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini: 10:00 hrs. - 11:30 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Athens to Santorini: 07:25 hrs. - 14:50 hrs.
- Ferry from Santorini to Athens: 15:30 hrs - 23:15 hrs.
- Ferry from Santorini to Heraklion: 17:00 hrs - 18:40 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Athens to Siros: 07:30 hrs. - 11.15 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Siros to Santorini: 09:10 hrs. - 11:35 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Athens to Milos: 07:00 hrs. - 09:55 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Milos to Santorini: 10:05 hrs. - 11:55 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Athens to Folegandros: 07:00 hrs. - 11:00 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Folegandros to Santorini: 11:10 hrs. - 11:55 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Milos to Folegandros: 10:05 hrs. - 11:00 hrs. (Fast or Express ferry)
- Ferry from Volos to Alonissos: 08:00 hrs. - 12:55 hrs.
- Ferry from Alonisos to Skopelos: 13:15 hrs. - 14:00 hrs.
- Ferry from Skopelos to Skiathos: 14:00 hrs. - 15:45 hrs.
Important note: Scheduled times may vary or experience delays due to weather conditions.
Fast or Express ferries (Optional):
- Ferry from Athens to Mykonos: 07:00 hrs. - 09:45 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Paros: 09:45 - 10:30 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Athens: 14:50 hrs - 17:20 hrs.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini: 10:00 hrs. - 11:30 hrs.
- Ferry from Athens to Santorini: 07:00 hrs. - 11:55 hrs.
- Ferry from Santorini to Athens: 12:20 hrs - 17:20 hrs.
- Ferry from Santorini to Heraklion: 17:00 hrs - 18:40 hrs.
- Ferry from Athens to Siros: 07:30 hrs. - 11.15 hrs.
- Ferry from Siros to Santorini: 09:10 hrs. - 11:35 hrs.
- Ferry from Athens to Milos: 07:00 hrs. - 09:55 hrs.
- Ferry from Milos to Santorini: 10:05 hrs. - 11:55 hrs.
- Ferry from Athens to Folegandros: 07:00 hrs. - 11:00 hrs.
- Ferry from Folegandros to Santorini: 11:10 hrs. - 11:55 hrs.
- Ferry from Milos to Folegandros: 10:05 hrs. - 11:00 hrs.
Important note: Scheduled times may vary or experience delays due to weather conditions.
Additionally, please note that there is the possibility of flight transportation between Athens- Mykonos or vice versa and Santorini - Athens or vice versa. The flight duration is approximately 40 to 45 minutes, respectively.
Feel free to compare the rates for changes in means of transportation on our innovative Booking Configurator. We highly recommend taking fast ferries of flights, especially on your way back to Athens.
13. Is there any list of hotels included in the multi-day tours and our Greece vacation packages?
Englobia staff handpicks the hotels of the programs, paying particular attention to our suggesting accommodations in each of the destinations. We are entitled to meet the highest national standards and requirements, to offer our passengers the best options at the lowest prices possible. Each year, our staff scrutinizes the hotels in person.
This way, feel 100% confident about your accommodation without having to worry about spending hours looking for online hotel options since we have already done this for you instead!
What's more, with our complete travel experience and capability of our online platform, we are offering more than just the conventional hotel categories to you. Create the vacation package of your dreams, relying only on your desired preferences!
We always have more than two or three alternative options in each category (this is what the title "similar" refers to), so we can guarantee availability on all occasions. Englobia pays special attention and considers that these hotels also meet our highest standards.
Find our list of cooperating hotels as per destination included in our Greece vacation packages by clicking Accommodation.
14. What are the services included in each Hotel Category?
Regardless of their category, our hotels include, at least, the basic services of what we consider a 3* accommodation:
- Private bathroom
- Includes breakfast
- Cleaning service
- A public review rate of at least 4 out of 5.
- TV and Wifi are available.
- Towels, soap, and shampoo.
- Pillows and blankets (on demand).
- Baby cot (upon request).
- Hot Water, Heating system, Air Conditioning.
- Wake-up service.
- Luggage deposit room.
All 3 Stars services +
- Reception with lobby, seats, and beverage service.
- Hotel bar
- Telephone in the room
- Vanity, shaving, and sewing kit on demand.
- Safety deposit box on-premises.
- Laundry and Ironing services.
- Room Service.
- Parking Facilities.
All 3 and 4 Stars services +
- Spacious Reception with lobby, seats, and beverage service.
- Pillow and blanket Menu.
- Safety deposit box in the room.
- 24/7 Room Service.
- Valet Parking.
15. What are the room Taxes or the tourist city taxes?
Tourist, hotel, or overnight fees are government and municipal taxes that the hotel collects directly from the traveler at the time of the check-in or check-out. It is essential always to add these fees or surcharges when calculating the total trip cost. Whether we like it or not, it represents a mandatory additional expense to consider. Englobia does not carry these fees and always depend on the hotel category, city, and duration at the specific destination.
Greece Accommodation Taxes
Eur. 0.25 for not rated hotels.
Eur. 0.50 per night and room 1 and 2-star hotels.
Eur. 1.50 per night and room 3-star hotels.
Eur. 3.00 per night and room 4-star hotels.
Eur. 4.00 per night and room 5-star hotels.
16. Can I share a room with other passengers?
Englobia does not arrange shared hotel accommodation during land excursions, at least at the moment. Finding travel companions yourself beforehand is necessary if you want to decrease the cost of your trip.
17. Sharing a triple room? What is the standard practice?
Should you be three friends or family who want to enjoy every moment of the trip together, it is the ideal way to travel and share expenses. Usually, triple rooms consist of an extra bed, a sofa bed, or similar, depending on the accommodation property. The discount granted to the third occupant is divided equally among all three travelers, so everyone benefits from the lower price.
18. Which is the best period or season to travel in Greece and the Mediterranean?
Due to Greece's location is gifted with a relatively moderate Mediterranean climate, hot, dry summers, and mild, rainy winters. Even though being a year-round destination, the best season to visit Greece is between April and October, when summer transforms it into a pure paradise. Between July, September, and the first days of September, the Greek Islands are swarmed with travelers since there are opportunities for plenty of sunshine, azure skies, and beach time. Temperatures around this time of year are in the mid to high 30's during the day and hardly ever drop below 20°C in the evenings. The low season, starting from November to March, offers better prices. Its mild winter allows visitors to keep coming, making visiting historical and archeological sites the perfect period.
By late October, part of the ferry service and flights are cutting back, and most facilities on the islands close for the winter.
19. Is there any dress code onboard the cruise ships?
For your convenience on board during your cruise, we recommend that you carry low-heeled or sports shoes. This footwear makes it easier and safer to walk on open-air decks and stairs.
However, more formal attire, such as a night dress or an elegant suit for the ladies, a jacket and tie for the gentlemen, would be more suitable for the Captain's Gala or the Cocktail Night.
20. Where and when does my tour or activity start?
On the check-out page, feel free to specify the name of your accommodation, either a hotel or private address. Based on the information you give us, we will ascertain the closest point and the expected pick-up time. These details are sent along with your confirmation for your convenience.
21. What type of vehicle do we use for the tours?
Englobia ensures that the tours are carried out in air-conditioned vehicles such as buses, mini-busses, or cars, depending on the number of passengers. All our transportations are conducted by professionals and accompanied by local travel escorts or licensed tour guides where applicable. The vehicles meet all the safety demands conditioned by the country's government regulations.
22. What happens in case of rain or severe weather?
It only rains a few days a year in the Mediterranean, so there is no need to worry.
In case of rain, the activities will still take place as expected. Suppose extreme weather conditions (such as heavy snow or very high temperatures) and the tour must be canceled. In that case, we will offer you an alternative date or refund the amount of the activity.
23. What is the transfers' waiting time, and what do they include?
In case of potential delays in flights or luggage claims, the member of our team will wait for you up to 90 minutes from the scheduled arrival of your flight and 45 minutes in port and train station, respectively.
In the "what's included" section of each program and their corresponding description, we specify whether there is additional assistance and/or transportation. Transfers are shared for all passengers sharing the same reservation code or number.
24. Are meals included?
Our collaborating hotels always include breakfast. At each tour, we specify whether there are additional meals included in the package or optional. We suggest consulting the relevant section of each tour program for further details.
25. Are there any car rental requirements? What are they?
Renting a vehicle has a minimum age requirement of 21 and 25 years old in some categories. There are no maximum age restrictions.
A credit or debit card will be inquired at the time of picking up the vehicle and will be used for the security deposit. Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.
Authorized driving license:
If any of the following countries issued your driving license then, Congratulations! Your license is valid and does not require the presentation of any extra documentation:
Albania, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Cyprus, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Denmark, Ecuador, United Arab Emirates United, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Russian Federation, Philippines, Finland, France, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guyana, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan , Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Fyrom, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nigeria, Norway, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Central African Republic, Czech Republic, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
For any country not mentioned above, an international license is required to be accompanied by your domestic driving license.
26. What is the franchise in the insurance policy of a rental car?
The franchise is the portion of the damage in a claim that the insured party must pay. It can be a fixed amount or a percentage on the total insured amount. Hence, the amount and payment of the insurance company coverage only arise when the claim surpasses the amount of the related franchise.
For instance: if the insurance franchise is Eur 750 and the damage from an accident to be covered is Eur 1000, the insurance company will be obliged to pay for the difference between the franchise payment (produced by the insured party) and the total amount claim. In this particular case, it is Eur 250.
27. Do I need a visa to visit Greece?
It depends on the country issuing your passport and the country or countries to visit. Many of these countries exempt travelers from the visa issue procedure for stays of less than 90 calendar days.
In any case, Englobia recommends you contact the embassy of the country or countries to visit, in the place of your residence, before your departure. You can check it online on the link here.
Moreover, suppose you are thinking of scheduling a cruise line program which visits multiple countries. In that case, you must check whether you need a "Double Entry" or "Multiple" Visa to re-enter the countries you would already have visited during your forthcoming trip.
28. How to make a reservation? And what should I expect after that?
Once you have selected the vacation package that fully matches your preferences and needs, feel free to customize it exactly the way you wish, or even contact us for any further or advanced adjustments you may not be able to acquire.
1. Select 100+ vacation trips in Greece, from private or small group vacations, self-drive with car rental or railways, adventure & private cruising or cruise Line, regular bus tours, multi-day excursions, or daily activities! Click on the package that suits you better, complete the required fields in the box (dates & travelers).
2. Then just click on the "Configure your booking" button until our innovative and groundbreaking platform opens the pop-up configurator.
3. Customize your experience, including hotel category, optional activities, additional nights in each destination.
4. Once you have customized the booking the way you wish, press "proceed to booking" where we will require the personal information of the main traveler, including full name as shown in the passports, and date of birth. Please note that fields marked with "*" are required. Feel free to add notes or special requests you may have.
5. Lastly, press the "Book Now" button, and we will require you to reconfirm if you want to pay through a bank transfer to our accounts in Greece or with a credit card.
6- Once we have processed and/or verified the payment, we will send you the Master Vouchers for the acquired services within the following 48 or 72 business hours.
And remember: Your inquiries are always welcome! During or after the booking process, feel free to contact us if you have any doubts!
29. Do I have to reconfirm my booking?
It is not needed! Once you have received the booking confirmation, we will ask you to send us the information of all travelers by email. Once this information is obtained, you will receive your Master Vouchers soon. You only need to count the days left to see us and enjoy a journey you will never forget!
30. I am traveling with kids. Do minors pay the same price as an adult?
Prices are well defined on our booking platform; hence it will be easy for you to realize that minors pay less in most cases. Depending on the child's age at the time of the trip, you will receive the respective precise price for all services acquired.
31. What type of discounts do you offer?
Englobia offers discounts for groups of 10 or more travelers when booked under the same reservation. Value is automatically calculated and given to the group by our website.
32. I have a disability and/or mobility difficulties. How can I join a tour?
Any individual that needs special assistance or attention must advise our agents at the time of the booking. All passengers with disabilities are welcome! We take great care that everyone has a seamless and excellent experience.
33. Do you offer travel insurance?
Yes, we do. On our package configurator, you will be able to obtain insurance for your acquired services by opting for one of the following two insurance packages:
"Full Flex" cancellation insurance package that includes the traveler's or a close family member's hospitalization or death.
"Serenity" insurance package that covers health and travel assistance on location.
Details of "Serenity" insurance.
Details of "Full Flex" insurance.
34. Where is Englobia located? How can I find you?
Feel free to contact us either by completing a contact form on our website, through our social media profiles, our email at email@example.com, or by calling our numbers:
Greece: +30 694 653 6529
USA: +1 917 725 4089
24/7 Emergency Line: Please check out your Master Voucher.
35. Can I arrange accommodation before or after my tour?
Pre and post-tour accommodation are available on most of our tours with improved rates, depending on the availability. You can add post-accommodation during the booking process online on our configurator or by contacting us directly.
36. Should I be worried about going on holiday, and should I cancel or amend?
We know that things look and feel a little unusual these days. But rest assured, your safety is our priority. We've put lots of extra measures in place to make sure you have a happy and healthy holiday.
However, if you'd like to know more about either amending or canceling your holiday, please visit our cancellations page for more information.